Location: Aptos, CA (hybrid work available)
Below is the pay range for this position that we reasonably expect to pay. Individual compensation is based on various factors including experience, education, skillset, and other relevant qualifications. This range is for the Bay Area, California location and may be adjusted to the labor market in other geographic areas.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $158,400 - $180,000
Ohalo Genetics is seeking an experienced Controller to join our team! The ideal candidate will have experience as an accountant in Agriculture or BioTech, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, this person will streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. In this role, it will be critical to plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, and evaluate accounting and internal control systems. The Controller will also produce thorough financial-status reports for senior managers to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Developing and implementing financial policies
- Ensuring compliance with financial and accounting regulations
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Managing financial reports and documents, such as balance sheets and income statements
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Performing financial risk assessments and doing internal audits
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Assisting with corporate financial decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in accounting/finance
- 2-3 years startup experience required
- Foundational knowledge in Consolidated Financial Statements
- Proven knowledge of cost analysis
- Practical knowledge of cash management
- Strong familiarity with CPA
- General familiarity with Cash Flow Reports
- Financial reporting experience highly desired
- Expertise in US GAAP
- General ledger experience desired
- Competence with financial software and technology
- Strong analytical capabilities and discernment
- Detailed and have the ability work independently
- Leadership skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Proximity to our office, with the ability to commute for in-person meetings and collaborative work.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), and paid time off
- Opportunity for professional growth and development within a dynamic and growing company
About Ohalo Genetics:
Ohalo is using an evolutionary lens to reimagine the art and science of plant breeding. We seek to transform breeding and production systems with a goal of helping to sustainably support the world’s growing population.
Notes: If you previously applied for a job at Ohalo Genetics, we encourage you to restate your interest in the position by submitting your application. No visa sponsorship is available for this position at this time. If you would like to be considered for this role you must submit a resume and cover letter.