VP of Production
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 22, 2023
Pattern Ag is an agricultural technology company leveraging advances in genomics, data science, and microbiology to help farmers improve the productivity, profitability, and sustainability of their land. By applying genomic analysis to farm soil, we unlock a wide range of predictive insights that help farmers improve their soil health and optimize their spend on seed, crop protection, and fertility inputs. Combining these insights with the latest in digital sensing, data science, and machine learning, we are ushering in the era of predictive agriculture, powering on-farm decision making for millions of acres, and billions in crop spend.
We are looking for a hands-on VP of Production who will run Soil Science and Sampling Operations. This role will run two operations teams: a laboratory operations team, who runs a high throughput genomics and chemistry analytic pipeline for agricultural soil, and a field operations team, who runs a large distributed soil sampling operation, spread over a dozen states and soon to expand to Brazil.
The entire business is a seasonal agricultural business with peaks in the fall and spring during the sampling season. Candidates will know how to plan for and ramp large temporary teams to build operational cadence accordingly.
Location: Emeryville, CA
The Berkner Group has been retained to execute this search. If you were contacted by Berkner Group, please reply to the person who contacted you. If you are applying to a job posting, please email your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the title for this position (“[Your name] — [Pattern Ag] - [VP Production]”) in the subject line of your email.
- Hit quality, schedule, and cost KPIs for biological analytics and chemistry products
- Scale throughput
- Optimize production costs
- Build out and manage soil operations teams
Skills & Special Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred in any technical subject; Industrial engineering and manufacturing engineering preferred degree types; Any technical degree is acceptable.
- Basic knowledge in some set of process skills, such as Six Sigma
- Must be able to manage both scientific and operational teams
- Demonstrated success at setting up and running a broadly comparable (highly automated, high throughput) production line for a new (highly technical) product introduction
- Direct biotech experience is desired but not required
- Offshoring experience, particularly in Latin America desired but not required
Compensation & Benefits
- $175,000/yr - $200,000/yr
- Comprehensive health plans (100% employee coverage, 50% dependents)
- Company equity
- Hybrid work environment + remote working options
- Mental health stipend
- Unlimited PTO, with a corporate standard of at least 3 weeks off per year
- 11 paid holidays + paid sick time off
- Family & parental leave
Thank you for considering Pattern Ag. We look forward to reviewing your application!
See more open positions at Pattern Ag
Something looks off?