Soil Sampler (Bowling Green, KY)
Waterloo, IA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Pattern Ag is an agricultural technology company leveraging advances in genomics, data science, and microbiology to help farmers improve the productivity, profitability, and sustainability of their land. By applying genomic analysis to farm soil, we unlock a wide range of predictive insights that help farmers improve their soil health and optimize their spend on seed, crop protection, and fertility inputs. Combining these insights with the latest in digital sensing, data science, and machine learning, we are ushering in the era of predictive agriculture, powering on-farm decision making for millions of acres, and billions in crop spend.
The quality of Pattern’s service hinges on the quality of the soil samples that are collected. We are searching for responsible, motivated, hardworking, and energetic people to join our team as temporary full-time soil samplers based throughout the corn and soybean belt. These samplers play an essential role in delivering a high quality customer experience and we are looking for individuals who are ready to take this responsibility head-on. Samplers will be traveling to farm fields by pick up truck and using an ATV or UTV once in the field to travel to specified locations to collect soil samples. Samples will be collected using both hand probes and hydraulic operated probes depending on the soil conditions.
The projected start date is September 4, 2023, with the potential for an earlier start date, and an end date of December 15, 2023. Vehicle, trailer, ATV / UTV and all other necessary equipment will be provided by the company. If travel is required, food and hotel accommodations will be covered by the company. The hourly salary for this position is $26/hour and the company will guarantee 40 hours of work every week for the duration of your employment with the company. Samplers may be required to work overtime, in which case the company will pay you according to state laws.
Samplers will need to reside in the following locations: Southern MN, eastern SD, eastern ND, NE, KS, IA, IL, IN, OH, southern WI, or southern MI.
- Collect soil samples according to Pattern Ag’s soil sampling procedure
- Packaging and shipping samples to our labs in a timely manner
- Safely operate UTV’s, ATV’s, and a pick up truck pulling a trailer
- Speak to the farmer if any questions arise
Required Background & Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Up-to-date driver’s licensePrior experience working with farmers or in an agriculturally-related field
- Clean driving record, must be insurable to operate vehicles
- Must be able to use an iPad and required apps
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors for extended periods in variable weather conditions
- Overnight travel will be required depending on location of fields
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- May be required to work overtime and on weekends depending on weather and requirements of the company
Thank you for considering Pattern Ag. We look forward to reviewing your application!