Scientist - Senior Scientist - Strain Engineering
Want to help drive a revolution in synthetic biology? Many synthetic biology companies aim to enable humans to thrive sustainably in a resource-limited world. But despite tremendous breakthroughs in reading and writing genetic diversity, the ability to evaluate the function of those changes hasn't scaled. At Triplebar, we are opening the measurement bottleneck by orders of magnitude to accelerate the discovery, development and adoption of bioengineered molecules.
Triplebar is looking for an experienced Scientist to accelerate creating and screening genetic diversity of microbial hosts by using their knowledge and ample hands-on experience to engineer strains to improve protein production.
- Use random mutagenesis methods, targeted libraries, and directed strain engineering to generate genetic diversity to improve protein production in microbial hosts
- Identify new genetic targets to create large diversity libraries
- Ideate and develop new approaches to improve microbial strain engineering workflows
- Aid in the development of culture model conditions
- Perform data analysis and effectively communicate results
- Play a key role in building an exciting and successful start-up company
- Work seamlessly across different departments/disciplines, utilizing the wide breadth of expertise, to execute project goals
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in genetics, biochemistry, bioengineering or related discipline with 3-8+ years of industrial experience; or PhD with relevant experience in strain engineering, high throughput screening and/or directed evolution
- Creative and innovative bench scientist eager to apply high throughput methods to improve industrial strains
- Knowledge of protein production using industrially relevant microbial hosts (e.g. Pichia, Bacillus)
- Demonstrated expertise creating marker-free strains for protein production within an industrial setting
- Excellent prioritization and communication skills
- Experience taking a microbial host to industrial scale fermentation
- Direct experience with high throughput screening
- Experience with Benchling
- Proficiency with Spotfire, JMP, Python, R or other data visualization and statistical tools
The annual base pay range for this position is anticipated to be $105,000 - $160,000 however the base pay offered may vary depending on location, market, job related knowledge, skills and experience. The total compensation package for this position also includes equity and benefits.