(Senior) Bioinformatics Scientist
Want to help drive a revolution in synthetic biology? Triplebar's breakthrough products touch every aspect of our daily lives, from food to medicine, and we envision a future where biology allows us to feed, heal, and house ourselves in a sustainable and scalable way! We are looking for an exceptional Bioinformatics Scientist to join our team. You will experience the great opportunity and responsibility of helping to build a transformative company. Triplebar organizes our R&D team around the Design, Build, Test and Learn (DBTL) Cycle. We are building the “Learn” team now, which comprises bioinformatics, data science and data structures, computational biology, and AI/ML functions.
- Our microfluidics platform continuously generates large sets of phenotypic and multi-omics data using different platforms. This role will integrate existing and new code into a bioinformatics system that integrates our data system with the DBTL cycle and users through web apps, scripting and production pipelines. As a result, near real-time analysis will be available to scientists and other stakeholders.
- Leverage our data system to accelerate the learning stage of the DBTL cycle, particularly as it pertains to Biology, Engineering, Scale up and Business teams. Establish expected data formats across the company, clean data and implement validation layers.
- Collaborate with Scientists to create a system of webapps and code that capture metadata, accelerate design, build and test phases.
- Continually expand the capabilities of this ecosystem and use it to help generate insights for various data sets.
Required skills and background
- PhD and 3+ years of experience architecting production bioinformatics pipelines from scratch and integrating existing tools
- 5+ years of experience with industry standard bioinformatics tools
- Deploy webapps and have provided access to data via APIs
- Ability to clean and organize synthetic biological assay, sequence, genotype and phenotype data and metadata
- Expert level Python programmer with bash experience
- Excited by the prospect of designing a complete and extensible bioinformatics system
- Communicate clearly and effectively with biology, engineering and business teams and work as an embedded and committed partner
- Understand problems and work diligently to solve while employing industry best practices
- Exceptional ability to apply technical solutions to biological/bioinformatics problems
- Intellectually curious about synthetic biology and have a continuous growth mindset
The annual base pay range for this position is anticipated to be $130,000 - $175,000 however the base pay offered may vary depending on location, market data, job related knowledge, skills and experience. The total compensation package for this position also includes equity and benefits.